Download Windows 8 Free Evaluation Version
You can get a free evaluation copy of Windows 8 to give it a try. Microsoft has released a 90-day evaluation version of Windows 8 final release, which anyone can download, install, and try for 90 days without any limitations. After the period of 90 days, the operating system will expire and you won’t be able to use it then after.
The company has released the evaluation version for developers and enterprise persons, but anyone can download the trial copy and test his system for Windows 8. Windows 8 give you a new feel at operating your computer, and giving it a free try will be an interesting experience for you.
Windows 8 Evaluation Details
Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation version delivers the final (9200) build of the new Windows operating system. It is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors. It come in various languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), English, English (UK), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), and Spanish. You can make the choice in terms of platform and language.
Enterprise evaluation version of the Windows 8 is released so that developers can test their apps on the Windows 8 platform, and enterprise people can test the new release of the Windows on their existing infrastructure and decide for the upgrade. “This is intended for developers building Windows 8 apps and IT professionals interested in trying Windows 8 Enterprise on behalf of their organization,” the company says.
But of course, even you can get hands on it.
Download Windows 8 Evaluation
Windows 8 Evaluation version can be downloaded by anyone if the given prerequisite is satisfied: you need to sign in (or sign up) (and submit a small survey, e.g., name, country, etc.) before you can download the trial copy of Windows 8.
Things to note before you install Windows 8 Evaluation copy:
- Evaluation version must be activated online within 10 days of the installation otherwise it will expire. Though the evaluation version don’t require a license key.
- After 90 days of the trial period, Windows will expire – you’ll see black desktop background and you’ll receive messages that your copy of Windows is non-genuine. On the top of it, Windows will restart after every hour without any notification (and won’t save any unsaved work or changes).
- Evaluation version will expire after 90 days of installation (actually, 90 days from the activation day) and can’t be upgraded, i.e., after 90 days, you need to install your old operating system or purchase and install a full licensed version of Windows 8.
- Evaluation version can’t be upgraded to a full, non-trial version of Windows 8 (that don’t expire).
- You need to do a clean installation of a licensed Windows 8 if you want to use Windows 8 operating system on your computer. This trial version is solely for evaluation purpose.
It’s advised that you install the trial version in a virtual machine (e.g., VirtualBox, etc.) or on a separate partition of your hard disk. It will ensure your data is not lost after the evaluation version expires. If you’re not doing the same, then at least make a backup of your data before you install or remove the evaluation version to/from your system, so that you don’t lose any of your data in the try to test Windows 8.
Microsoft is making a change in the operating system industry with its new Windows for desktops and tablets. Windows 8 is beautiful, understands your touch, and brings Metro user interface and apps to your desktop. Every person in the tech world know that it’s necessary to change with the on-going change and adopt with the new. You too can become the part of the change – start by downloading and trying Windows 8.
What do you think about all new Windows 8?
Tell us through comments.